Dariapur Light House :- Dariapur is 175 km from Howrah by road. The site is close to the spot where legendary Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay got inspiration to write famous Kapalkundla in 1860. The original Lighthouse site is one km East of the present station.
A 20 m mild steel mast was erected in 1943 at that site on which a wick lamp used to be hoisted under the supervision of local port official. Subsequently DA Gas equipment with sun valve replaced the wick lamp. This light remained in operation till the present Lighthouse came into existence. The work of construction of the present RCC Lighthouse Tower was completed in 1968. The optical equipment earlier installed at old Dwarka Lighthouse in 1881 and dismantled in 1964 has been installed here after certain modifications. It was a P.V. light and was commissioned here on 1st June1968.